Agility Alliance

Connecting technology gurus and business masterminds to make things better

Does anybody know whether any Business Rule Engine (BRE) software vendor, or any software vendor, uses their own software to build the build the next version of their software?

For example, a few years ago the AION business rule engine was built using the AION business rule engine. I'd like to know if that's still true today.

I’d also like to know:
- Does ILOG use Blaze Advisor to build ILOG?
- Does Fair Isaac use AION to build Blaze Advisor?
- Does Drools use Haley to build Drools?
- Does Tibco use PegaRules to build Tibco?
- etc.

If your application development software is that good, why not use it to build your application development software?

This may sound like a dumb question, but old-timers may remember when Apple used a Cray supercomputer to design the Mac, and Cray used Macs to design Cray supercomputers.

Is there any software product that is really used to build that very same product? I think customers and potential customers would like to know which software vendors eat their own lunch.

Views: 12

Replies to This Discussion

Does anybody know whether any Business Rule Engine (BRE) software vendor, or any software vendor, uses their own software to build the build the next version of their software?

It's an interesting thought but is there any reason to believe that a BRE is a good tool for making BREs?

RSS

Join our Linked Group

© 2019   Created by Agility Alliance Network.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service